Good morning everyone,
Well today is going to be a reflection post. Sorry there probably won't be too many pictures of my adorable child plastered on this post. But I will be talking a lot about that dear little one. So this past month has been a big of a challenge for me. NO not the my life is horrible challenge, but really a "I need to change my thought process" challenge. That challenge came in the form of transitioning into "mommy mode". I know my child is 10 months old and I have realized for a long time that I am a mom. But when I look back on my married life (7.5 years) I realize that 95% of it has been just hubby and I. So I have been Career driven for so long that I had to seriously stop and think about my life now.
I am a mom. I know that there are thousands of ladies out there that have super mom talent and they juggle the work force and also mom status. I count myself in those ranks... well with out the super mom talent part though. Then there are those "I am totally amazing mom" people who are stay at home ladies 24/7. They are superheros in my mind. I have watched many of my friends who fit both of these descriptions and tried to emulate them. But this past month I felt like I was failing terribly at being a mom, wife and career woman. No matter how much I tried to change things up it didn't work.
So what did I do to fix this "challenge", well I dropped to my knees and begged for some help in realizing what needed to be changed. Sure enough those answers came, but not in the form of what I thought I needed. That usually happens to me! So what was my answer, well it was service. I was asked to do many things in a week. I didn't think was possible, but it all worked out in the end. I took a new perspective on my "challenge" by doing those different acts of service for others that were asked of me. NO I am not trying to toot my own horn when it comes to helping other. It really did make a difference in my family life by dropping everything to go provide service for someone else. I had to stop planning my life out to the very minute. Which I really love to do and make sure everything fits so nicely in it's right place. NO this past week I had nothing fit in it's right place, but everything was done and it was done right.
By doing this I also got to spend a whole week with my little Brooklyn. I began to understand her needs so much better and there was less frustration between her and I. I began to see her cues and be able to assess the situations with a clearer head. The funny things about this is that I spent a whole four years of my life sitting in college learning all the different developmental stages of childhood. I thought I was a pretty good candidate for being a mom after spending so much time with children. I also kinda thought I knew a lot about children when it came to social, behavioral, cognitive, physical development due to a Bachelors in Early Childhood Development. Well that was a lot of learning that must of left my brain when I became a mom, because I felt so lost when I would be faced with a problem. The thing that kills me is that I used to be able to give answers to moms or dads that had similar problems, but yet I couldn't figure out any solutions to my problems.
Sadly I admit to being a whole lot more judgemental once I had that degree. I thought there was really no problem that I couldn't handle. Well I hope you are laughing at that, because I am. First of all I should never being judging people and instead try to be more Christ-like. I really think the whole problem was that I was being judgemental. I wasn't looking at God's children as he does. I was only seeing part of the Grand picture.
NO I am not perfect by any means, but I do feel that I have grown and learned so much more from this one week then I had sitting in college for 4 years. I feel very blessed to have the gospel in my life and to be able to have an eternal family. It is amazing to sit back and really look at your life and see where our Heavenly Father has really been there for us. He loves us and only wants the best for us. I hope that I have not hurt or offend anyone by my judgements. I am truly sorry if I have hurt anyone. I am trying to do much better in that department and am learning so much as I go.
Well I hope this was not a bunch of rambling to you... but I must admit that I have a hard time putting all my thoughts in words that make sense. So if it seems jumbled that is why and that is just me! So I am done rambling and need to go switch out a load of laundry and go be a mom. So until I write again I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!
1 comment:
Hey Sis, isn't it great we have opportunities to reflect, review, and improve? And don't be watching everybody else, except for opportunities to lend a hand. You are a wonderful daughter, supportive wife, and as always...a mom in-training. Be good, be happy, and be of good cheer! Love Dad
Post a Comment