Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ross Cousin Time!!

Hey everyone,
So this past January I was able to go visit my older brother (Christopher) family down in Provo, Utah. Little Brooklyn and I spent a weekend with them. It was fun to spend time with all the little cousins. While we were there we got to spend time with our newest addition to their family (Ella).

Little Ella when she was on oxygen. She is such a sweet little baby girl!

Brooklyn of course loved to play with Ella's toys when she wasn't looking. Ella has some really cool toys that  Brooklyn was jealous of!

While we were there Emily and I put together Ella's highchair. Which left a large box empty and ready to be played with. This box gave the kids hours of fun. Brooklyn loved to climb on it, while Michael and Molly explored inside the box. Still loads of fun!

So Provo had many snow storms while I was there. Tons of fresh snow was just calling to the kids to play in.  After a few minutes of wrestling the kids into snow gear and making sure everyone had on the right mittens and hats we finally went out to play. Evy helped me pull Brooklyn around in the wagon in the snow. 

Brooklyn enjoying the ride in her chariot through all the powdery snow.
Love this cheesy smile she pulls. The snow hat is slightly large for her.

Brooklyn and I had a first in January. We took a shuttle back from Provo to Pocatello. It was a nerve raking   moment for me really. I was so stressed to be going all by myself and to have to haul: baby car seat, pack-n-play, baby bag, and my duffel bag. O and little Brooklyn too. I am so grateful for my sister-in-law Emily for helping me load everything and she gave me wonderful encouragement as I left. 
Brooklyn enjoyed playing an endless game of Peek-a-Boo. She would pull her blanket up and down for almost an hour. She would then burst into giggles because she thinks she is so funny!

She was such a sweet little punk the whole three hour drive. I was able to just focus on her while the shuttle drive had to worry about the yucky roads. It was kinda nice to not worry about that part of the journey.

My dear friend Heather Patton was amazing and came to rescue Brooklyn and I in Pocatello, ID.
She is such a sweet friend to haul her two little girls two hours to Pocatello just to pick Brooklyn and I up. Doug was stuck in Boise for a business conference. 

Brooklyn was so happy to see her friends Chailey and Jaelyn. She loves these girls. They road all the way back watching Dora. All in all it was a memorable trip and we enjoyed spending time with our family and friends.
I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!

No comments: