Sunday, February 24, 2013

Doug's Birthday

Hello everyone,
So my dear hubby turned another year older this Jan. 28th. He was up in Boise for his birthday at a work conference and Brooklyn and I were in Provo.  So when we all got home we decided to have a party. Last year when Doug made my birthday cake he put a different number of candles on it instead of my real age. So I thought I would do the same for him this year. 


This is the cake that I made special for Doug... (gluten, lactose free). With loads of Chocolate frosting on it. NO Doug is not 25 he is 33 years old this year.

Brooklyn was very helpful in blowing out the candles with daddy.
All Doug wanted for his birthday this year was to spend time with his two favorite girls. So Brooklyn made sure to spend as much time with her daddy that day. She loves her daddy!
Her and daddy will get into these laughing fits over the silliest things. These two are so much a like.

Brooklyn gets so excited when daddy comes home from work. She starts to jump up and down and reach for him. The other night Doug put her on his shoulders and started to bounce around the house. She giggled and screamed with delight the whole time he did it. Let's just say the house is never quite when you get these two together.

Brooklyn also learned how to stand up and hold on to things because of her daddy. He worked so hard one Friday when he was home with her. When I got off work they both were so excited to show me the new trick!
 So I actually did get something for Doug for his birthday besides time with his two girls. I splurged and bought him a "Combo-Hoofjack". He has been taking about this thing for nearly 2 years now. Every time I would suggest he get one he would say we didn't have enough money or that we would wait for a bigger holiday to buy it. Well Christmas passed and no hoofjack. So I finally just bought him it and he was super excited to get it in the mail. 
Brooklyn testing out daddy's new toy!

This Hoofjack is supposed to help him with both Draft horses and Saddle Horses when he goes to shoe them. The stand has two different sizes of tops: 1 for the large draft horse hooves and 1 for the small saddle horse hooves. Brooklyn's little bum is a draft horse size seat. haha 

This is the Hoofjack with out a little Brooklyn on it. 
So that was Doug's birthday and he said that he had a pretty low-key, but fun birthday this year. Maybe next year I was actually throw him a party and make a big deal out of it. He really doesn't like a big deal out of it... but maybe I will do it just for fun. Well I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!

No comments: