I think the people in Arizona thought Doug and I were total freaks since we were down in the pool on Christmas day. According to the residents "it was really cold" at 68 degrees. To our defense the pools were heated and we had them all to ourselves. The whole family got into the spirit of it and we all went swimming on Christmas day. It was such a blast. Dad, Doug, and Bryan played football in the pool. Hannah, Brooklyn and I just tried to stay out of their way and float around. My mom even joined us once we all went to the jacuzzi. It was so amazing to relax and enjoy our vacation. My parents really spoiled us rotten while we were there.
Brooklyn got a whole bathrobe and slippers to wear down to the pool. It was so adorable!
Doug, Brooklyn and Hannah testing out the water in the big pool.
Brooklyn hanging out with her little pose: Dad, Doug and me! She loved to swim around with Grandpa Mike. ( They are two peas in a pod when it comes to loving water. She definitely gets it from my daddy.)
The Crew swimming around!
Brooklyn loves the water. She probably felt like she was in heaven in such a large pool.
When I was swimming laps Doug would chase after me with Brooklyn. She thought it was the funniest thing!
She preferred daddy when we were in the deeper end because he is taller and can keep her head out of the water. So I held her in the 5 feet and lower due to me helping her drink the pool water if I went deeper. * just for your information she never had her head go under the water when I held her. She just blew bubbles when I got her to low in the water.
We are working on her back stroke. She has some strong little legs!
This was after Doug beaned me in the head with the football. Brooklyn is laughing so hard because of my reaction!
Well after we had time to dry off we went to the Phoenix Zoo. My parents spoiled us by getting us all tickets to the "Zoo lights". It is so much fun to go see the zoo all lite up with such beautiful Christmas lights.
Our little family at the start of the lights. Doug and I were dressed in light jackets and Brooklyn had a hat and blanket. The rest of the crowd had on snow coats and layers of hats, sweaters, scarves, and mittens. Crazy people think that low 50 degree weather is freezing. ha ha that is called a heat wave in Idaho.
We didn't really get to see the animals very well due to the night time and so when we stopped to see the zebra exhibit we kinda got to see them as they ran off. So we took a picture of the ones that aren't real instead!
Our little family at Zoo Lights!
Close up of us enjoying the wonderful evening weather. Brooklyn hated this hat because it kept sliding down over her eyes.
Some of the pretty lights at the Zoo.
Doug was all about the cactus that had lights on them. He had to make sure we got a picture of that. Funny Idaho boy and his fascination with cactus.
We had so much fun hanging out with our family. Thanks again mom and dad for that wonderful gift. We loved it!!! Well I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!
No comments:
Post a Comment