
Hey... SO I kinda lied I guess since there is one other post before we take off for home (Moscow). OK so Doug decided to take Taylor and I out with him to go sight in his muzzle loader for hunting season. Lucky us. Well it was great until Doug started to shoot. Taylor doesn't seem to like the noise. She hid in her tire while we practiced. We pulled out Doug's spare tire and tied her lease to it so that she wouldn't take off every time Doug shot.
She totally fits right inside. She is a bit of a scaredy-cat.
Doug was so excited to be out in the desert again.
Here is a video of me trying to be as cool as Doug with his gun.
I actually hit the target twice. This video is of the last shot I made. Yes, I am sore too!!!! O, yeah so there is also a scary story to go along with this blog. So Doug went out to the target and left Taylor and I by the truck (75 yards away). I turned around to look at what Taylor was doing when I noticed a snake near her. I freaked out and grabbed her and sprinted to the truck. The whole time yelling at the top of my lungs for Doug to come save us. He was like "what is your deal hun." I yelled that there was a snake as I was clamoring up in the back of his truck while trying to hold on to Taylor (she isn't as small as she looks in the pics). Doug of course like the amazing man he is comes sprinting back to us to save the day. As he is running toward us he yells for me to stay in the truck and keep calm. Duh! what else would I do ask the snake how it is doing? So he walks up near it and tells me I am right (It was a rattle snake), but it was a baby cus it didn't have rattle. That is why I didn't hear anything when it started to coil. Doug said it must of sauntered up when nobody was looking, but it was hurt so it wouldn't have moved fast enough to have gotten me, but it could have gotten Taylor. Then Doug took a crow bar and flung the little stinking-party- ruiner quite a few yards away. Phew! Don't worry nobody was hurt and we had a blast the rest of the time. It did take a few minutes for me to trust Doug enough to get out of the truck again. But can ya blame me!!!! Anyhow hope all is going well. Love ya tons!!!


5 comments:
HI! Is that the same pick-up you had in high school? Looks like it has a fresh look and a new grill. Also impressive shooting. I'll know not to make Kathryn angry. The canning will be great this winter for you guys! Great job on that one. Definitely not target practice for Doug.
Love the video, you always make me laugh, I don't mean your shooting, just the whole process:) That is scary about the snake, I hate snakes!!! Oh and how to get a blog list; go to edit layout, add new page element, add blog list. Just make sure you keep you old one until you know for sure your new one is good.
Your so funny. I miss you guys! Your pup is cute!
Glad you made it out okay. It was very maternal to grab the pup and get to safety! :)
I am so jealous of your trip up to Moscow and Sandpoint! Ahh... Sorry I've been MIA for a while; I just caught myself up on all of your little happenings. First of all, that's FAB news about the house! Hooray for not paying rent for 18 months! Secondly, YOU my dear are a packing queen, too! You totally saved my butt when we moved! Thirdly, you are amazing! I have absolutely no idea where to even begin in canning, and look at how much you did! You rock! (Though I did make {and ruin} freezer jam for the first time this past week...) I miss you lady!
Post a Comment