O my heavens... UGh I am so lame sauce right now. So I had this idea to post an update about our fun filled holidays. Yeup that is when I came to the realization that I seriously did not take a single picture during the holiday season. The camera never came out as Doug and I made homemade Christmas goodies (aka chocolate covered pretzels). Or when we decorated the house or the Christmas tree. In fact I didn't even think to grab the camera while we opened Santa's presents at our house. Nope that is how stinking lame I really am. Then I thought O wait we had Christmas at Doug's parent's house I bet we totally took the camera then..... Pause.... thinking.... NOPE I SERIOUSLY didn't even take the camera for our holiday moments. O the stupidity of Kathryn!!!!
So to sum up our really awesome Christmas holiday season we made some fun and yummy chocolate covered pretzels and homemade bread for our Gooding Friends. Then Santa showed up at our house a little early and we spent an evening opening up those presents and enjoying each others company. Then on Christmas eve we drove over to Hamer and spent the weekend enjoying Christmas traditions with the Yearsley clan.
On Christmas day we went to church and sat with the Yearsley crew. It was so much fun to hang out with Doug's cousins. Two of the cousins are pregnant and due around the same time as me. We also got to sit with one of the little cousins (Penny). She is such a sweet little girl. I love to be around her. To my surprise Doug snatched her from me and spent the next 20-25 minutes cuddling and playing with her. Talk about totally unfair!! He loves little Penny. So thank you Morgan and James for letting us seal her during church time.
After church we got to open all the presents with part of the family and their little ones. It was a blast to see the excitement in the niece's eyes as they saw what fun gifts they got.
So all in all Christmas as a fun filled event this year and I sadly have no photos to show it, but I hope that I really get my act together and remember to bring the camera and actually use it. So until I write again I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!
1 comment:
we are so glad you could come for Christmas it was great to have you here
Post a Comment