Friday, January 27, 2012

What is Doug up to?

So hello everyone,


My dear hubby has been really creative lately. His church calling is in the young men and they are going on a winter hike... (if it ever really snows and stays). So the boys got an idea to want to make their own snow shoes. So Doug has gotten the creative itch and he is starting his own snow shoes.


Doug with the start of his snow shoe!



This is how he is doing to make the shoe really good! Yeah that is baling twine. That is my creative hubby for ya! Uses all the tools he has!



Check out those skills, Yeah that is Doug weaving twine like a professional. I don't have a finished product picture yet. He is fine tuning it a little bit more so I will do an update on it soon. I am so proud of Doug and his creative bone. All the boys in his group are coming up with different ways to cover their snow shoes. Doug and another kido are doing the twine. So it will be fun to see what other material gets used. Until then I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!

No comments: