Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick update

Hello everyone,
So here is a really quick update to our lives this past week. UM...... where to begin.? OK, first we moved across town into a house. My dear friends and I moved our entire apartment to the house in one day. Talk about amazing. Picture three tough girls moving couches and bookshelves and lots and lots of boxes. So we are finally settled into the house which we will be in for 18 months until the owners move back from Utah.
Um...what next... OK here comes the sad part about the blog.. Taylor has been acting kinda weird lately and Doug and I have been wondering what her deal is. She wouldn't eat and wouldn't play with us. She was fine on Sunday but began to be sluggish Tuesday and today. So Doug took her in to the vet today and she was quickly put on an IV. Come to find out she has Parvo. This is only a puppy virus and only 80% actually live. We hope and pray that she has a fighting chance and that all goes well. If we had waited one more day or later tonight she may not have made it. I really rather not think about that.

OK now the third thing... um we had an intruder Tuesday morning. Doug left at 6:30 in the morning and I rolled back over and went to bed.I woke up a little before seven to Taylor barking (which never happens since she doesn't bark). Then I heard my back door shut. I leaped out of bed and grabbed a big slab of wood (Always Kiss me Goodnight sign) from the floor and ran into the kitchen. The door was shut, but all our motion lights were on in the back. I quickly locked the door and called Doug to see if it was him. He was already at work (25minutes away) when he answered. He said he must have forgotten to lock the door when he left. So I searched the house and found nothing missing. Which is weird because my check and purse were on the table two feet away from the backdoor. Our theory is that I must have startled the intruder before they could even start to ransack our house for goodies! Man.. Talk about a scare!
So that is yet the crazy adventures that we seem to have in our lives right now. I don't think I can take anymore curve balls coming our way. So please keep us in your prayers and we will do the same for you. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Love You all!!!

6 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

First of all, YIKES! I don't know if I could handle an intruder being in my house. I hope that you are able to find some comfort especially during the times when Doug is gone.

Second, that is terrible about Taylor. She is such a cute, fun puppy. I hope that she is able to recover and will be back to her old self. The boys really love playing with her.

Thanks again for dinner on Sunday. It was delish! And great to spend time with you guys! Love ya!

tonksfam said...

Sheesh! What, do these intruders have a "door left unlocked" alarm? I mean, I hate to think that people routinely check the same doors to make sure they're locked. How do they know the ONE TIME it's not locked? I'm glad everything was okay for you. Ironic that you would have "kissed him goodnight" with your little sign if the intruder had stayed ;)

Matt and Maggie said...

Wow, Woman, that is nuts. I'm really glad everyone is safe. The freak probably saw the former people leave, but didn't see your abrupt move in.

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

How sad about Taylor having Parvo! The day after we got Charlie, he was acting weird and then started having crazy runny poo with worms and blood and everything... we called the vet and they FREAKED out. Told us to take him in, but leave him in the car and they would come out and do a test (for Parvo, of all things) and not to bring him into the clinic until we got the all-clear. And they told us that if he tested positive, they would have had to "destroy" him. It was so scary! I'm so sorry to hear Taylor has Parvo, but at least your vet is willing to see what happens rather than just putting her down on the spot. They were really freaked out about Parvo - apparently it's extremely contagious and one animal with it can cause massive outbreaks. We're keeping you in our prayers. I'm sad you didn't get a good whack at the intruder though - I admire your courage! I would have hid under the covers or rolled off behind the bed or something and called 911 like the chicken I am! Love ya girl!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Talk about a novel, sheesh!

Ross Family said...

Well we know how a break in feels. at least nothing was stolen. that part kinda ticks you off. but always come out swingin'