Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doug's True enjoyment

So one of Doug's true enjoyments is working with horses, but not just any horses. They have to be nearly twice the size of a normal saddle horse. He falls head over heels for draft horses. One of the fun highlights of going to Moscow (besides hanging out with our friends) was helping out his old boss in the parade. The college homecoming parade was that weekend so Doug and I once again dressed up the horses and made them look awesome. Doug's boss also sales houses on the side. So the show wagon got a little bit of a face lift with the banners he put on it. So this isn't just any hitch to a wagon, this is a unicorn hitch. One of the most risky hitches for a crowed area. Don't worry these boys are trained professionals. It sure does look preety sweet!! O' yeah I got to ride in the back of the wagon. I practiced my beauty queen hand wave. I won't brag, but man I do a good hand wave. In one of the pictures I am holding on for dear life and trying not to fall out of the wagon! ha ha Tootles!!!


4 comments:

J-Babe said...

Draft horses are really amazing! I' am glad you guys had a good time and that you were able to practice your princess wave:) I bet you were really good at it! Can't wait to see you guys dressed up tonight!

Kathy said...

Awesome!!! Katherine, this is Kathy! I added you on my list! That okay? Our blog address is
www.commanderthomanders@blogspot.com
Keep in touch! I like your slide show pics!!! You make a good princess!

Amanda said...

Kit Kat! So sorry we've been playing phone tag! What time zone are you in? We're in pacific...I'm up til about 9:30 or 10 every night so feel free to call before then. Love your guts!

Stacey Collom said...

Hey! Do you remember me? I'm Amanda's little kid sister! (the one that would follow you around everywhere and drive you all crazy, yeah, thats me) Well, I found you, so now I can follow you around and bug you all over again ;). But seriously, you have a cute blog and it sounds like life is just dandy.