Ok, So I know that I am usually an up beat kind of girl, but this last month nearly knocked me down for the count. This was a very stressful, fun, exciting, challenging, strengthening, and testimony building month for me, my family, my community, and my ward. So to sum up everything in one quick motion I would have to say that " I know that there is a wonderful Heavenly Father who loves each and everyone of us here! He knows our challenges and wants to bless us."
So that said, I am loving my little family and all the fun memories that we are building each day. It is weird to think that I would enjoy my daughter learning that she has a nose.... and a finger... and that she will burst in to giggles when I look at her and say "oh my don't do that little punk" as she sticks her finger in her nose. To even show me more of her talent (which she would totally win in the Miss America Pageant) she can double finer pick her nose!!!!
Doug and I celebrated our 8th anniversary... Wow what a blast. I love that man so much more than the year before and the year before that.... He just is so stinking hot and funny that I keep falling in love with him even more. When I am struggling with Brooklyn he can come in to the room and make both of us forget what we were hitting head on. He just is my better half!
Another amazing moment this month was when Doug and I became Debt FREE!!! Yes you read that right. We officially Paid off all our debt ( minus the house of course). When we totalled all of our debt up this is kinda what it broke down to: * Credit cards, Car loan, School loans, IVF loans, Brooklyn's birth & Doctors bills, My medical bills..... It took us 18months to beat those bills down. I am so stinking excited to actually breath for once!!! So I am love that we are debt free and have so many more opportunities out there at our finger tips!!! Not like I get to go spend money like it is on fire.... but now I can maybe splurge here or there.... According to Doug we have to plan our splurges... He is so much stronger at this debt free stuff than I am.
Let's see what else.... Oh yeah my mother-in-law did our annual Girl's weekend this month. Our theme was Spa get away. We made so many cute DIY/Pinterest spa treatments. We made our own lip gloss, bath soaps, hand scrubs... It was so much fun and we shopped at the DI and found the coolest things. Love that kind of stuff. Sadly I am a dork and totally didn't even use my camera like I should have. It was packed and everything, but I am so lame and didn't pull it out. Maybe my mother in law has some great pictures too.
At the end of this month we got to see some of our childhood friends and college friends. There is nothing like seeing an old friend and just spending time laughing and talking. It feels so amazing to see them!!! Our college friends live clear back east and we haven't seen them for 8 years!!! It was so much fun to see how much their adorable children have grown!!! Then we spent time with one of Doug's childhood friends. That is kind fun to see how Doug totally turns into someone I haven't seen before when he gets with his friend. He kinda went teenager on me. Yet again I didn't even bring the camera out.... I know lame. But I promise to work on that this summer and show you all what progress we are making with our house improvements and our adventures of being parents... Until then I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!
1 comment:
Congrats on everything. How great!!
Post a Comment