Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby shower with the family!!!!

BaBy ShOwEr FuN!!!
Hello everyone, My dear Sista in law and Mother in law gave Brooklyn and I a baby shower. Can I just say " WOW!!". I never knew that I could have so much PINK in the back of my SUV. When my hubby got in the suv to come home he looked in the rear-view mirror and all he said was " O ... wow that is a lot of pink ... PINK".
haha reality check we are having a girl and things come in pink.


A view of the family that came. I even had a few of my college girls come too! But anyways back to what I was originally talking about... The Baby Shower: So it was the family shower, which ment I had both sides there. Of course not all family can make it, but it was still a large crowd of crazy fun people!


So I had some really great helpers/sidekicks at the shower. My nieces Jenna and Cami were a huge help for me. They would bring over the presents and also take them when I had finished opening them.


So here are a few pictures of the present opening. I had my little assistant (Jenna) right by my side. She always had a fun comment to make about every present I opened. The one on the right is from my mom (April). She got me a beautiful blessing dress for Brooklyn. So cute!



So this isn't a very good picture of me but the pretty purple and pink blanket is a gift from Doug's grandma. When I opened it little Jenna loudly proclaimed "Those are the best blankets, cus they are so fluffy and cuddly!". Grandma Robinson had the biggest smile on her face after Jenna told everyone. I thought that was so precious!!


So this is part of the decorations to the party. The yummy food was all types of cookie dips; Such as cream cheese chocolate chip dip, sugar cookie dip, confetti cake dip.... O yummy! Then we had all sorts of yummy fruit too. To drink we had lemon/lime water. Lets just say wow the food was fabulous!! Thanks again my dear sista-in-laws and mother-in-law for the creative foods.



My sista-in-law (Lisa) made this beautiful banner for Decor but also Brooklyn's room. How CUTE!!! My mother in law (Janet) also made me this adorable diaper cake. It got knocked over a few times and quickly put back together when she wasn't looking because Lisa and I are slightly clumsy sometimes. haha But all in all it was a beautiful shower!!


After Doug and I unpacked the suv and piled it all in the living room I decided to take photo of all the goodies Brooklyn and I got. It was a very large collection of gift and it took me nearly 20 minutes to show Doug all the awesome stuff we got from everyone. After unpacking it all this is what it looks like in my living room now...


Look at that pile of pink! I want to thank you so much for all the love and kindness I felt at that shower. It was so much fun and I enjoyed getting to see family members. Thanks again everyone. Hope all is great in your neck of the woods!

3 comments:

janet said...

thanks for letting us give you a shower, it was fun to do . can't wait until Brooklyn gets here

Lisa said...

I don't know what you are talking about...knocking over a cake??? huh??? I think you must have baby brain, cuz I don't remember any of that! haha! Happy baby shower!

Amanda said...

Fun! I've always said that baby showers are way more fun than bridal showers. Everything is just so cute!!