Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

Hey everyone,
We had a really fabulous Thanksgiving season. This year I had part of my large family come visit for the holidays. My parents and three younger siblings came to our house. As soon as they arrived we hit the ground running with activities and loads of fun. Doug wanted to have a pie making competition. So all the siblings chose what type of pie they wanted to make and began. Doug and Bryan were in charge of making the homemade pie crust for the pies that needed the yummy crusts. Hannah chose to make a yummy chocolate pie with crushed oreos.
Dad chose a cherry pie with a yummy gram cracker crust.
Bryan and I did the apple pie with homemade crusts.
Doug and Bryan did the peach pie with yummy homemade crust.
Then there was my little sister Alizabeth who wanted to make pumpkin pie. We put my dad and her on that project and ended up with two pies instead of one. No one thought to read the directions until the very end and we realized the mix would make two pies. haha They turned out way yummy!
The end results was 7 pies for 8 people on thanksgiving. Lots and Lots of good stuff to eat.

Dad and Alizabeth working hard one the pies. Hannah just finished her masterpiece ( yummy chocolate pie.

Doug and Bryan making the homemade crust... also making a mess of my kitchen too!

Anyways So I have one more picture but the blogger isn't letting me put it on. So anyways after our pie making we did a lot of fun activities. Just to list a few of them:

*Going to the movie theater and watching "the Muppet Movie".

* Playing the Wii

* Helping Doug feed the animals (Hannah loved to go out to the barn).

* Playing with the animals in the barn.. dogs, cats, and horses.

* Horseback ridding !

Bryan was off like a bullet once we pointed towards the horses. Hannah loved riding around with my dad guiding the horse. I was really surprised when my little sister Alizabeth climbed up on my horse "sandy-mae" and rode all over the barnyard. I even got up enough courage to climb up on my horse. It was really fun to see my family enjoying the farm animals.

The kids loved to have our dogs come hang out with them too. Usually I have the dogs out of the house, but since the kids loved to have them around, the two pups got to enjoy the warm house. Alizabeth convinced me to have them in for the movie night down stairs. Five minutes into the movie the dogs were zonked out on the floor next to the kids.

One of the highlights for me during this holiday was having my mom and sisters go shopping with me for the baby. My mom called it "shopping shower"for baby Brooklyn. It was fun to actually shop with my mom. It has been forever and I get a thrill shopping with her. She is a hoot to chat with as we are on our adventure. My little sisters picked out the cutest clothes for baby Brooklyn. My mom purchased the cute 3 in 1 baby highchair I have been wanting. Hannah found a really cute play mat that we got too. I think we truly found some sweet deals on our shopping spree! Thanks again mom, Alizabeth and Hannah for shopping with me. The boys came along too, but they mostly stood in a corner and chatted. Which is fine because once we found something we would make them hold it while we kept looking. haha

The day that the family packed up and left was kinda hard for me. Doug and I love having a full house and all the noise of a busy family. The really funny part is that the dogs were let in to the house a few hours after my family had left. The dogs kept searching for the kids for nearly half an hour. I think the dogs has a hard time with out my sibling to baby them. haha

All in all it was a fabulous thanksgiving holiday. The actual day of thanksgiving was full of homemade food that the whole family helped make and lots and lots of laughing. I love the holidays. Thanks again family for driving the long way from warm Arizona to cold Idaho. We loved every minutes you were here. Until then I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!

No comments: